Bethlehem Lutheran Church is the result of the merger of two congregations, First English Lutheran (Swedish) and Bethlehem Lutheran (Norwegian) in 1944. The two previous congregations however, go back to the 1880’s when Scandinavian immigrants were settling in the area. The cornerstone for the current sanctuary was laid on October 5, 1952. The building was completed on May 10 of the following year. An educational wing was completed and dedicated on May 20, 1970.
In 1987 a 22-rank Walker Tracker organ was installed in the sanctuary. In 1992 the Connection, an atrium area between the sanctuary and the education wing, was completed.
The congregation decided to purchase the property next door to the church in the spring of 2005. The house was turned into a shelter house for families in transition. It is called Dane’s Place.
For a more complete history of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, see the document below: